Sales Representatives Law
To schedule a free consultation please contact us toll free at 866-345-5585.
The California legislature has enacted laws designed to protect the Independent Sales Representative in its dealing with manufacturers, distributors and others in the distribution chain. These statutes have many requirements, which, if used correctly, will protect the agency in all kinds of disputes involving commissions, territory and termination. These statutes may expose the manufacturer or distributor including treble damages.
The attorneys at Callanan, Rogers & Dzida, LLP have the knowledge and skill to use these statutes for the utmost benefit of their clients. Whether you are presently involved in negotiating a new agency contract, or in a commission dispute or being wrongfully terminated–we can help!
Many agencies have an established customer base, an extremely valuable asset that needs protection. Everyday agencies are finding their territories reduced or commissions cut. Wrongful termination and seizure of an agency’s customers can have devastating results. You need protection! We know how to use the law to your advantage.
Listed below are a few examples of the kinds of cases we have successfully handled:
- A long time sales representative with a valuable client base and a “handshake” commissions arrangement was wrongfully terminated; the principal then took the clients for itself in an attempt to avoid paying hundreds of thousands of dollars in commissions.
- The principal wrongfully attempted to use a 30 days termination clause in a contract to avoid paying commissions on business that took years to develop.
- A sale representative procures a valuable customer for the principal who then takes the customer and refuses to pay commissions.
- A principal refuses to account to a sales representative for sales made to valuable customers.
- A sale representative leaves a principal who owes him hundreds of thousands of dollars in commissions and then to add insult to injury is sued for trade secret infringement.