High-Speed Rail Project
California High-Speed Rail Project
California’s controversial High-Speed Rail Project impacts property and business owners throughout the state. The California High-Speed Rail Authority is responsible for planning, designing, building and operating a high-speed rail system that supposedly will run from San Francisco to the Los Angeles basin in under three hours at speeds of over 200 miles per hour. The Authority hopes to eventually extend the system to Sacramento and San Diego. While the Project has both powerful political opponents and supporters at the state and federal level, and its ultimate fate is unclear at this time, the threat of condemnation through the power of eminent domain hangs even now like a sword over the heads of those property and business owners in the Project’s path. Because of this threat, these property and business owners should immediately get experienced legal help. The High-Speed Rail Authority has retained experienced eminent domain professionals for the Project to serve its interests, and you should get experienced help to serve your interests too.
Know and protect your rights.
- Call 1-800-317-1759 toll free for a FREE legal consultation TODAY with one of our experienced attorneys. Our business is representing people like you who are threatened with condemnation. We ordinarily work on a contingency fee basis which means that you pay attorney’s fees only as a share of your actual recovery, if any, OVER what you are offered by the Authority. If you do not recover more than the Authority offers, you don’t pay us.
- Stay informed. Get on our emailing list. We will send you the latest news from time to time.
- Click here to link to the Authority’s website on the Project: http://www.hsr.ca.gov/
Both the United States and California Constitutions require payment of Just Compensation when property is acquired through eminent domain. This means:
- You have the right to receive the fair market value of the property and improvements taken. This is the highest price paid by knowledgeable buyers on the open market.
- You have the right to receive severance damages if, by taking a piece of your property, the remainder has less value.
- If your business is displaced by the taking you have the right to recover lost or damaged business goodwill and you have the right to recover relocation benefits.
We will help you protect your rights. We would not be in business if the government paid upfront the Just Compensation that it should pay. Click here to learn more about our cases and our results: Representative Cases
Finally, I wish to thank you for the exceptional service you have rendered our company. I was very impressed with the fine work that you have done and am very appreciative. I am very glad to get to know you and look forward to resolution on this case. As I mentioned, my (CFO) has told me that in his 50 years of working with attorneys he has never worked with a finer attorney than you. We certainly look forward to future work with you after this case is finalized.
Joe Dzida represented our company in an eminent domain case with the State of California. In the land taking for a high speed rail line, the State left us without enough land to operate our business into the future. Joe’s excellent representation on a contingency basis resulted in us acquiring the land next to our property and a payment from the State that was over 6 times greater than their original offer. We can now operate and grow our business the way it was planned when we purchased the property. A solid 5 stars and our highest recommendation for this company.
Joe Dzida was outstanding to work with and clearly is one of the best in the field of Eminent Domain law, Joe Dzida displayed excellent negotiation in settling my case. He was caring, always kept me informed and gave me the advise that I needed. I highly recommend Joe for legal representation.